Church of Scientology
201 Castlereagh Street, Sydney 2000
phone: (02) 9267 6772
fax: (02) 9261 2840
WISE ANZO (World Institute of Scientology Enterprises)
- Org founding date 21 Jul 1972 (formerly the Church of the New Faith), according to the CoS website. WIS78 lists the Sydney org's founding date as 21 Mar 1972. The Sydney org moved to this address in 1980.
- 201 Castlereagh Street is also listed in WIS93 as the Australian office for Freedom magazine, Scientology Missions International and the Association for Better Living and Education.
- TD75 and WIS78 list the 1975-1978 address as 1 Lee Street, Sydney 2000; phone (02) 212 1220, (02) 212 5338. The Sydney org left this address in 1980.
- S20CR lists the 1972 address as Church of the New Faith, 69 Old South Head Road, Bondi Junction 2022; cable Nufaith Sydney.
- WIS78 lists under 'Groups':
- Scientology Group Lane Cove, 2/130 Burns Bay Road, Lane Cove.
- Sydney Booksales Group, 32 Grove Street, Lilyfield.
201 Castlereagh Street, Sydney
phone: (02) 9264 1573
fax: (02) 9264 1572
Citizens Committee On Human Rights (Psychiatric Violations)
201 Castlereagh Street, Sydney 2000
phone: (02) 9264 5893, (02) 9267 1569
Hubbard Dianetics Centre
- Note that both phone books list the CCHR as 'Committee', not 'Commission'.
- The CCHR was instrumental in exposing Dr Harry Bailey, Chelmsford Hospital and 'deep-sleep therapy' - see the article on the subject from WIS93.
624 George Street, Sydney 2000
phone: (02) 9823 2267
Mission of Inner West
- I don't have an address listing, but Nick Andrew and HappyXenu have both been past it.
4 Wangal Place, Five Dock 2046
phone: (02) 9712 5067
- I'd love some evidence this mission actually exists - photo, reconnaissance report ...
- The Sydney org also claims three associated missions in Taiwan:
- 87-1 97 Chen-Ming St, Sun-Min Sec Kaohsiung, TAIWAN
phone: 886 (7) 395 5265
- 51 Da Long Rd, Taichung, TAIWAN
phone: 886 (4) 325 7731
- 8f No.151 Sect2 Min-Sheng East Rd, Taipei, TAIWAN
phone: 886 (2) 500 7071, 886 (2) 500 7086
fax: 886 (2) 502 6948
- The official CoS page for Sydney lists a Potts Point mission, but it's commented out in the HTML.
19-37 Greek Street, Glebe 2037
phone: (02) 9552 3733
hotline: (02) 9552 3212
Continental Liaison Office: (02) 9267 6422
toll free Australia: 1 800 628 192
toll free Japan: 0031 616 358
toll free South Africa: 0800 993 043
toll free New Zealand: 0800 442 375
toll free Taiwan: 0080 611 221
New Era Publications (Australia) Pty Ltd
- Advanced Organization Saint Hill Australia/New Zealand/Oceania: the head office for Australia and the Pacific, local delivery centre for the Operating Thetan levels.
- AOSH ANZO opened in 1983 (WIS93).
- The official CoS page for Sydney has a US toll-free number, 1 800 547 563, listed but commented-out in the page's HTML.
- WIS93 lists the Continental Liaison Office as being at 3rd Floor, 201 Castlereagh Street (the Sydney Org).
- WIS78 lists the 1978 address for the Church of Scientology of California Flag Operations Liaison Office ANZO as 24 Dick Street, Henley 2111.
Level 3, Ballarat House, 68-72 Wentworth Avenue, Sydney 2000
phone: (02) 9211 0692
Hubbard College of Administration
- A few blocks down from the Org on Castlereagh Street.
- A 1994 Dianetics video gives these phone numbers (prefix with '9' for the present 8-digit format):
- Phone: (02) 211 0691
- Fax: (02) 211 0686
- toll free Australia: 1 800 808 560
- toll free New Zealand: 0800 801 950 (the listed number for the Auckland org)
- Old address and phone number (up to early 1990s; from a card in a Mission Earth paperback): 2 Verona Street, Paddington 2021; phone (02) 360 2620
Suite 9, 15 Parnell Street (second floor), Strathfield 2135
phone: (02) 9744 5277
The Way To Happiness Foundation
PO Box A1044, Sydney South 2001
Applied Scholastics ANZO
- This listing is from WIS93.
404/3 Smail Street, Broadway NSW 2007
phone: (02) 9212 2862
fax: (02) 9212 2865
The Language Palace
- Director: Erin Stewart.
Suite 35 Level 3 647 George Street, Sydney 2000
phone: (02) 9211 1772
fax: (02) 9212 2835
Jenny Gellie Tutoring Services
- Listed by ABLE.
- Director: Oliver Dixon.
21 Railway Parade, Hazelbrook 2779
phone: (02) 4758 8213
Victims of CultAware
- Listed by ABLE.
- Director: Jenny Gellie.
- This isn't actually in Sydney, but in country New South Wales.
PO Box 401, Camperdown 2050
- This one isn't officially acknowledged as a CoS organisation, but if it isn't a front group then I'll eat my 'hat'. It is the listed address on two leaflets distributed by the CoS - one a shorter version of an article from the Australian edition of Freedom, the other including photos taken at a demonstration against Scientology.
- Also, here's a letter they sent me.
Level 2, 14 Grose Street, Glebe 2037
phone: (02) 9552 6026
1. September 1996: Here's a daytime shot of the volcano billboard; I'm still after a nighttime one. (Note that this shot actually looks better than the real thing - it looks very faded, like once-brightly-coloured plastic left in the sun for fifteen years ... and the damned thing had only been up for four months at the time of this photo.)
2. The Org at 201 Castlereagh Street, from across the road. Middling location for foot traffic, lots of cars and a major bus stop across the road. (The people at the bottom of this photo are waiting at said bus stop.)
3. July 1999: AOSH ANZO - commentary by Nick Andrew. "Greek Street runs roughly west to east. This pic is from the western end of the shopping centre carpark opposite, showing the entire street frontage. I wish I had got a pic of the dock area (lower right). As I walked past the building I saw several washing machines on the left wall and quite a lot of milk and bags of flour on the right hand side. All in all the building looked fairly well-kept, except for the dock area which looks like all docks."
4. "The bus (which I think dropped off some dupes or scieno kids) and the obligatory 'now hiring' sign."
5. "From the eastern end of the carpark, highlighting the auxiliary entrance - there is a rotating door leading from the street to the foyer just where the "now hiring" sign is, and a smaller, plainer door to the right hand side which I suppose is the staff entrance."
6. "The covert surveillance camera on the south-eastern corner of the building. Underneath the camera is what looks like an air-conditioning outlet, and the window above the camera looks into a stairwell."
7. "Windows into the upper two floors of the building. I think they're in the middle, but I don't remember. Last time I looked there were some people in one of the rooms so I assume they are courserooms. There appeared to be something like an LED glowing near where the internal door might be so I assume they have some kind of central access mechanism."
8. "The upper two floors again, just from an angle which shows more of the building. Note the bird on the drainpipe, shitting with impunity."