Australian Critics of
This page maintained by David Gerard.
Scientology organisations in Australia: Perth
All images are self-linked JPEGs.
Photos by David Gerard.
Church of Scientology
106-108 Murray Street, Perth 6000
phone: (08) 9221 9666
Dianetics: (08) 9221 9766
- 1985 to 1996 address was 39-41 King Street, Perth
- TD75 and WIS78 list the 1975-1978 address as
Pastoral House, 156 St Georges Terrace, Perth 6000; phone (092) 21 9561.
- S20CR lists the 1972 address as Church of the New Faith,
37 Cleaver Street, Perth 6000; cable Nufaith Perth.
- WIS78 lists the Perth org's founding date as 17 Oct 1972.
- TD75 and WIS78 list a Mission of Melville at
15 Birdwood Road, Melville 6156; phone (092) 30 5879. WIS78
lists this mission as having been founded 20 Feb 1972. This Mission no
- WIS93 listed a Perth mission: PO Box 1049, West Perth 6872.
This apparently disappeared in 1995 (but is still listed on the CoS
page for Perth), though we're not sure whether it ever actually had an
1. The Church is now over the east side
of the Mall, on the south side of Murray Street (106 Murray Street). Nice
location for foot traffic. They seem to have the basement under and the
office over the old Wonderland of Toys.
2, 3. That's the Dianetics side lurking on
the left there and the Scientology side on the right.
4. The sign you see is the ubiquitous 'Now
5. The back of the old Org (39-41 King Street).
This is where The Squirrel found many kilograms of Church
documents that had been put out the back by mistake. And which he has used to
taunt the Church on a.r.s ever
6. And here's a photo of the front. Note that
the area looks very nice indeed ... probably what drove the rents high enough
for the Church to move elsewhere. Nice sign on the Org, though. Always did
like that sign.
- Steve Zadarnowski's Perth org page.
- 'Ex Scio Kid' estimates the total number of Scientologists in Western
Australia (which has 10% of the Australian population) as not more than 150.
- A letter from the Org trying to
suck someone into coming back in.
- A Perth org personality test. "Then
they gave me the funky tin-can machine. That was when I knew I was dealing
- January 1983: A Perth Org executive directive for your amusement and horror.
Plus commentary on it from Podkayne and
Roger Gonnet. (Roger Gonnet used to run the Paris org.)
- August 1996: My visit to the new
Perth org, where I scored a free International Association of
- July 1997: Steve Zadarnowski reviews the new Perth org, outside and inside.
- July 1997: How the 'Creed of
Scientology' plaque disappeared from the Perth org one Sunday
- September 1997: Steve on their crappy
signage and lack of actual activity in Western Australia. "The problem
with the new location is from the side it looks like an abandoned toy shop,
and from the front it looks like an abandoned toy shop."
- September 1997: Steve reveals the temporary nature of the Murray Street address.
"I'm quite sure they aren't planning a lush new site to move into
somehow. They ran out of give-away OCAs last week, and now have to use the
old 'Einstein' flyers to try and con people into sending for the Dianetics
- November 1997: Perth Org sends da boyz round (heh) in an
attempt to stem the flood of Xemu
- May 1998: Reconnaissance, by
Steve. "The Scienos, including the hierarchy, were on the street
looking for more raw meat. Time? 12.30pm. Day? Thursday. But of course.
The stats are down, and it's all hands again."
- August 1998: Sea
Org spotted around Perth org - plus how to spot them.
- August 1998: Lack of
services at Perth org. "The remaining faithful have to go to Sydney
(the AO) because lower orgs like Perth can't even deliver an ARC break
- April 1999: Update on
Perth Org, by Steve.
- The official
CoS page for Perth. No photo. One nonexistent Mission claimed (no address
[Scientology organisations in Australia]