Australian Critics of
This page maintained by David Gerard.
Press articles about Scientology in Australia: 1997
- Nicole Kidman - Good
Weekend, Sat 01 Feb 1997 - extract; Kidman no longer a
- Victims or VILLAINS? -
Weekend Australian, 01-02 Feb 1997 - Scientology vs Germany;
Scientology in Australia.
- Germany unperturbed about violations against
Scientologists - The Australian, Tue 04 Feb 1997 - letters
to the editor (from Henry Bartnik, CoS Sydney, and scientologist Ken
Klaebe) concerning Victims or
- Holocaust flashback - The
Australian, Wed 05 Feb 1997 - letter to the editor (from
scientologist Gabriella Kovacevic) concerning Victims or VILLAINS?.
- Phillip Adams: Weird Science -
Weekend Australian, 01-02 Mar 1997 - Scientology theology and
- Unfair attack on a new religion -
The Australian, Thu 06 Mar 1997 - letter to the editor from
Virginia Stewart (CoS AOSH ANZO) concerning Weird Science.
- Cult of Personality -
Woroni (Australian National University student newspaper), Thu
20 Mar 1997 - visit to Canberra org; how Scientology fits the definition of
a 'cult'; celebrities.
- Making your own decision about
Scientology - Woroni (Australian National University
student newspaper), Thu 10 Apr 1997 - CoS reply article to Cult of
- Mother warns on cult groups -
South Western Times (Bunbury WA), Thu 10 Apr 1997 - mother
speaks of her daughter joining Scientology.
- German chancellor ignores protesters in
nazi uniforms - AAP (Australian Associated Press) news wire, Tue 06 May
1997 - Scientologists demonstrating against Helmut Kohl. (We also have pictures.)
- Nazi-uniformed protesters get Kohl
shoulder - Courier-Mail (Brisbane), Wed 07 May 1997 -
published version of above.
- Mental health law changes opposed -
Sydney Morning Herald, Sat 07 Jun 1997 - CCHR objections to
new mental health laws.
- Australian taxman unmoved by blondes
- Reuters news wire, Tue 01 Jul 1997 - non-deductibility of CoS donations.
- Scientology: the science fiction
religion - Victorian Inter-Campus Edition, Sep 1997 -
history, theology, Anderson Report.
- The Church of Scientology responds -
Rabelais (LaTrobe University student paper), end 1997 - CoS
reply article to Scientology: the science
[Press articles about Scientology in Australia]